Well I've learnt by my mistakes once again. I had stamped this owl design on the cloth and stitched on it and thought everything was fine. When I applied the wheat paste to the back of the cloth to adhere to my binding board, the ink ran as you can see and then I realized too late that I had forgotten the beak!!
The ink on this one ran too but not quite as bad. Remembered the beak at least. I've started another cover but just drew the simple design onto the cloth lightly with a pencil.
The only ornament I've made this year to give as a Christmas gift. This hardanger design stitches up so quickly with no cutting or wrapping.
I received this lovely package of hand dyed perle cottons from Lorraine at Colour Complements. I'm giving them away as Christmas gifts but think that I'll just have to keep one for myself. The colours are beautiful. You do wonderful work Lorraine! Thank you :)
More progress on my whole cloth piece for the stitchery guild. I painted the flowers and stems with acrylic paint and a bit of textile medium. I heat set it just with a hot iron. So far I've used buttonhole stitches on the one purple flower and on a stem, crossed buttonhole, running stitch, herringbone, stem stitch, straight stitch, chain stitch and french knots. I love incorporating as many stitches as I can into a piece.
These 4 Sharp-tailed Grouse flew up and perched on a poplar branch the other morning.
I was glad that they stayed long enough for me to grab my camera.
Running stitch and french knots on the orange flower and cretan stitch on the stem.