Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sampler in Blue Nearly Completed

I had thought I was absolutely finished but then when I took this picture I saw there was a row on the right side border that I haven't crossed yet!! There might be more uncrossed stitches so I'd better look carefully. Very carefully.
 More candy wrapper stitching.  Certainly glad for friends that are saving wrappers for me.
 This month's guild stitching project is to make a 9" x 9" whole cloth piece.  Using a light box I traced flowers and curly cues onto the cloth.  Then using acrylic paint, textile medium and a small brush I began to paint.
 This is my completed painted design.  Next I will put a pellon backing onto it and begin to outline stitch the flowers and stems using running stitches, back stitch, chain or maybe even cable chain.  Not sure yet.  I should be working on Christmas gifts but this has gotten me side-tracked.
I didn't have an onion mesh bag for the suet I made for the birds but this Downy woodpecker didn't mind that I used an avocado mesh bag instead.

Have a most wonderful day and thank you for stopping by :)

18 comments:

  1. Cross stitch sampler is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler looks great, Jeannette! Congratulations on the finish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a labour of love a beautiful sampler which must have taken many many hours or should I say months. Love the owl and your painted piece is so beautiful, the shading on the flowers is so life like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely embroideries !!
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stitching and painting!! These flowers are so striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cross stitch Jenny. I haven't got the patience I am afraid. Love the owl too.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jeannette. What a fantastic picture of the woodpecker! I love your blue sampler - I must say that is something I probably would not have the patience for. Your owl is super - the Bendicks wrappers work really well and I think that your painted fabric is exquisite - looking forward to seeing it with stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made a beautiful job of the cross stitch, are you going to have it framed? The painted flowers are nicely done and will look a picture with all the stitches that you are going to put on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful all that work. Owl is so cute great to have friends who will eat all the sweets for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The avocado bag seems to work well!
    The sampler is so beautiful, the owl sweet and the painting lovely. Making use of a lot of various stitches will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blue sampler is gorgeous!!! Love the sweet little owl, and look forward to seeing the stitching on the painted piece...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sampler is indeed stunning,,,,the hours of dedication that went into creating such a heirloom piece.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, the sampler is lovely and I love the owl! Nice photo of the woodpecker. He's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jenny - I have just stumbled across your site and have spent a good hour scrolling through your lovely work! Can you tell me what the name of the blue sampler is and where I might buy it? Thank you for posting - I really appreciate the inspiration.
    Jo Darby, Durham NC USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!