Thursday, May 3, 2012

Scrap silk paper atc

 Last year someone gave me this small piece of leftover silk paper and I finally got around to turning it into an atc.  The colours are so vibrant and hot pinkish & mauve that at first I couldn't decide what colour threads would even look good on it.  I had recently finished a canvas work piece using this variegated teal thread and it was still on my stitching table so I decided  to use it to make some buttonhole circles, bullion knots and spiderweb roses along with a few white french knots and some couched gold thread.
A small flock of white crowned sparrows have appeared in the yard this week.  They are so smart looking and are fun to watch  as they scurry through my flower bed and these maltese cross plants that are just coming up.  Typically they don't stay long as they continue their journey north but I'm glad they stopped here for even a few days.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing new birds in the yard. I keep a bird book by my chair so I can quickly identify them. I love seeing cranes fly over, I always feel blessed when I see them.
    Silk Paper....I have never heard of this before but it is beautiful. Nice stitching you added!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on your silk paper Jeanette.
    Your sparrows are prettier than the sparrows in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty ATC! The colors are devine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!