Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mystery Sampler - 2 blocks left to go :)

 The Regina Stitchery Guild's program this past year was to stitch a mystery sampler which one of our talented members designed and wrote excellent instructions for.  I began this in October of 2011 and this is my progress so far with only 2 more spaces left to fill!
 On the far left are 3 small Squared Herringbone stitches, the flower section is comprised of straight stitches, whipped back stitch and a few chain stitch leaves as well as flower clusters with 5 beads.  On the right are 4 Rhodes Triangles.
 Drawn Thread Hemstitching was completely new to me and I struggled with it a bit but thankfully it turned out okay and I didn't cut any wrong threads.  The middle is worked with the Norwich Stitch.
 The vines were back stitched using 2 strands of embroidery floss, the bottom left is the Rhodes Square, the 4 hearts are satin stitched and the green star motif is also done with satin stitches.
My owl was done using woven picot stitches.  This square was to do whatever we wished in.  I was originally going to stitch a snail but it didn't work out at all but I'm pleased with how my owl turned out.  To the right are 4 eyelets with 4 Rhodes Triangle Variations.  The small heart worked with metallic thread is a Rhodes heart.
And finally, this is our 4 year old cat named Momo fast asleep on one of her favourite spots after a hard day of doing nothing ;)

6 comments:

  1. The "Rhodes" stitches are so interesting. I have never seen those stitches before. Nice use of the varigated thread. The owl is great!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I like the raised look of the Rhodes using #5 perle cotton thread. I need to make another owl sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. It's good to see this again. I'm looking forward to see what you're going to stitch in the last 2 spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annet, after I figure out what I'm doing with the TAST crossed buttonhole challenge I'll work on it some more. I"ll be glad when it's finished :)

      Delete
  3. Your sampler is looking GREAT!!! LOVE the Rhodes triangles and squares...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sampler is wonderful,what a great group you belong to, so inspiring, and as for your cat, well she is adorable.
    Bit late in replying to your blog Jeanette, left a message on SF about it, spoke to PC world who said it was probably a scam but do not understand spams etc, spam to me is tinned meat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!