Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sheaf Stitch TAST up-date

 Stitch #52 on Sharon's Take A Stitch Tuesday challenge was the Sheaf Stitch.  It's above the 3 rows of Buttoned Herringbone stitches on the left side.  I had done this stitch before but it had been awhile so it was nice to have a reason to do it again.  My TAST owl is slowly nearing completion.  This week's stitch is the Turkman Stitch which is another new one for me.
 I am actually doing some cross stitch.  I love cross stitch patterns and love how it looks but it's not my favourite form of stitching.  I liked this small pattern by Lizzie Kate and thought it will be a nice birthday gift for my daughter.  I've already made 2 mistakes though which I am not going to fix :)
 Am so enjoying the felting process and stitching on it as well.  I named this piece I'm A Hoot :)
Once a week a couple friends at work meet at coffee break to either knit, stitch or needle felt.  I've been trying my hand at needle felted gnomies.  Someone named them Wynken, Blynken and Nod.
 and introducing Binkel - another needle felted gnome.
I didn't seed any squash in the garden this year but when this volunteer plant came up I just let it grow.  For not getting watered or anything it's done really well and there are 3 more squash on the other side.  Certainly glad now that I didn't hoe it under :D

Here's to Fall and a wonderful September.  Happy Stitching and creating everyone :)

16 comments:

  1. Your stitches are sew interesting. Mr. Owl is looking quite dapper. That squash looks huge and I hope it tastes really good. I love squash of all kinds...especially when encased in pasta! How adorable your needle felted Gnomies are and they will make excellent ornament gifts. Fall is nearing and leaves and acorns are dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you are cross stitching! And it's a LK, my favourite! Have fun with those plain boring little crosses ;)
    Wynken, Blynken & Nod are absolutely the best gnomies trio ever!! Fantastynken!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual you have so much to blog about. The TAST stitch owl has got nice new stitches, the cross stitch project is something I did not expect you to do; it was a nice surprise!, but the felted gnomes are 'up your sleeve'. Lucky our to have such growth in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful things to see, your gnomes are so cute and such lovely work you have done with your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm a hoot!" LOVE that! What a great name. Love the gnomes, too. Can't go wrong with gnomes. And they seem like good companions for owls...

    Fun post, thanks Jeannette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the needle felted gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good you are continuing TAST! I have stopped stitching, but feel I will return to it one day! So nice to see your work! That squash is amazing! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the movement of your TAST stitches and it's great to hear the owl is nearing completion. The gnomes are gorgeous and Cross stitching is a nice break away, sometimes, from other needlework.
    The squash looks big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another unique and irresistible owl - and those gnomes are wonderful. I'd love to try one. Cross stitch leaves me a bit cold- so much more fun (and effective) playing with the surface stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gnomes are adorable! And your felt owl is beautiful. Makes me wish I didn't have allergies to wool.......I planted lots of squash seed this year, but the squirrels chewed away at all the stems, so not one squash grew. grrrr those squirrels have made a mess of my gardening plans this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything here! I really appreciate and admire your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the way you have incorporated the TAST stitches into your owl! Your projects are all fabulous. Love your squash! My best pumpkins this year are the ones that sprouted from my compost and I chose to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wynken, Blynken and Nod - suits them very well I think - they are adorable. I'm also admiring your stitced piece - the sheaf stitch looks wonderful, as does the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love your gnomes Jenny esp Binkel.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!