Friday, June 17, 2016

TAST Owl progress & book resist felting

 FINALLY filled in and finished my TAST owl wings.  It's been slow going but when Sharon on her Pintangle site posted the Buttonhole wheel cup stitch I thought it'd fill them in nicely. 
 The TAST Stitch #44 was the Crossed & Plaited Feather Stitch. I'd done Feather stitches before oodles of times but not straight feather or crossed feather.  I didn't do the Plaited Feather Stitch though.
 I'm a bit behind so the next stitch I'm working on is a few rows of Portuguese Border Stitch.
 I've continued to do a bit of felting and managed my first felted vessel with a book resist using pages.  Terri Berry posted a detailed tutorial on how to make one and I'll definitely try another.
 Another little felted vessel just using 1 round piece of plastic as a resist.
My poppies are blooming beautifully right now!  Wish they lasted for more than a few days though.

Have a lovely, beautiful and fine, fine day :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm always happy to see the progress on your owl and now I'm intrigued by your felted vessels. Those poppies are my favourite garden flowers (one of the few things I miss about not having a garden).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The owl is beautifully dressed in TAST stitches, and they make great background filling patterns, too. Great choice of colours.
    I am fascinated by the felted vessels; have never seen anything like it.
    The poppies must be your favourite flowers. It IS a pity they last such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your owl looks warm and cosy in his jacket on his wings, lovely. Very impressed with your felting 2 lovely vessels. Poppies are so pretty as you say shame they do not last but at least they self seed and next year there will be even more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is really starting to look rich, Jeannette! He's going to be quite lovely. And I like that starfish vessel -- it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Poppies Dear. Your Owl is filling in nicely and I can see so many different stitches you have included. Wow those felted vessels are amazing. Embracing Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a splendid and elegant owl you have there. You have made use of many stitch samples in the best way.

    Well done with the felted vessels, I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl is growing and looking beautiful love the poppies what a gorgeous pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous owl! I also love your header. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your owl is looking fabulous - great, rich colours and lovely texture. The vessel is awesome - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stitch is indeed perfect for the owl wings - and I love all the colours. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely colourful wings and so many beautiful stitches. The felted vessel is brilliant, you are always full of new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stitching!!! Happy 4th of July to you and yours! Your felting is awesome as well! Great work, and always so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little vessels are so lovely especially the first one - I love the shape. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!