Our stitchery guild began a program last month to make an alphabet book with stitches. We can use any material or stitches or sewing we want. I decided to use my rust and eco dyed material and began with the letter H and Herringbone stitches. This piece of fabric was rust and loose tea dyed.
The letter R for running stitches as well as for the rust and rose leaves.
I've been working on this embellished purse for months and the end is in sight. Various yarns, cheese cloth, wool roving and organza was first "sewn" down using an embellishing machine onto a piece of denim. I've added seed, feather, herringbone, cross stitches and beads and just have blue wooden beads to add to the tassels. Not sure if I'll ever really use it and think of it more as an art purse rather than a functional one.
Caught up with Sharon's Take A Stitch Tuesday and this week added satin stitches. Don't know what next week's stitch will be yet but I'm hoping it's one that I'll like for the beak.
We don't often see a Blue Jay in the yard but this one showed up the other day. Today we enjoyed his antics at getting the peanuts out of the coil and watching him fly back and forth to hide them all. The wiley Magpies were watching of course and more than likely ate them all.
Finally, finally dug up the rest of the carrots today so that's it for another bountiful garden year.