Friday, October 30, 2015

Alphabet Stitch Pages

 Our stitchery guild's program for the year is to make our own alphabet stitch book in whatever stitches we want.  I'm doing Blackwork for B...
 cross stitch for the letter C ( I had made this years ago and it had been pinned to my bulletin board),
 free motion for F on a piece of eco dyed fabric,
 and wheatear stitches for the letter W also on a piece of eco-dyed fabric.  I haven't finished the edges yet or backed them as I'm still mulling over that detail.
 Sharon Boggon's Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST) on her Pintangle site is moving right along and since my last post I've added french knots and wheatear stitches, neither of which I thought would be good for a beak.  Hope next weeks stitch will be.
A couple of days ago when my daughter and I were doing the dishes, she noticed that a coyote was walking through the garden and into the yard.  Hubby went onto the deck and took some photos and it didn't run away but stopped and looked at him and then continued to walk through the yard.  It looked in pretty good condition but on closer inspection of the picture we could see that something was the matter with its one eye.  Hope it will recover and be okay.

Sending you all joy and bushels full of creativity :)

17 comments:

  1. I love your alphabet stitch book series! The black work bird is fabulous. Seeing your progress on your owl always makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC work, Jenny.
    One day you will find the perfect TAST stitch for the beak, until then just keep adding 'feathers'.
    I admire you for selecting blackwork for B, a real challenge, especially on the eyes, instead of the simple buttonhole or blanket stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alphabet stitch book - the idea is wonderful. All the pieces are looking good and apt for a stitch book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on your stitch book and the owl is filling up beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your alphabet book is coming along beautifully, hope you will be able to find something for every letter. The owl is looking super too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of an alphabet book! It's always a pleasure to see what you're stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying the lovely stitching patterns you are creating in your alphabet series.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The alphabet book looks fun and challenging! wonderful little blackwork birdie. and I really love the approach of using all the TAST stitches on one piece. Terrific!

    ps we have packs of coyotes that yip and howl and make the most wonderful noises in the night, but sightings are rare. wonderful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be such fun to see your alphabet series progress - I imagine it will be interesting to come up with ideas for the more difficult letters of the alphabet. I love blackwork and use some of the patterns in my crazy quilting projects. They have some beautiful patterns that are perfect for seam treatments using waste canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your alphabet pages and I enjoy watching your TAST owl grow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoroughly enjoying your work on alphabet stitch pages. black work and owl are enchanting.
    Chitra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your alphabet stitch book will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The alphabet stitch book is a great idea, it will get your imagination going!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always everything is so creative!
    Love the diversity so far for your alphabet book.
    That little bird in blackwork looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The alphabet stitch book is an incredible idea. I love the pages you've done, so far. The owl is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little blackwork bird (wren?) is SO cute. You've been busy! Lots of fun stuff again today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blackwork bird, rest of the pieces are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!