Tuesday, July 28, 2015

TAST Owl start

 I am so pleased that Sharon at Pintangle is running her Take A Stitch Tuesday again.  I loved doing it back in 2012.  Last time I did each stitch into a long banner but this time around I thought it would be fun to incorporate each stitch onto an owl.  Week 1 was the fly stitch - outline of the wing.  Week 2 was buttonhole - eyes, and I saw this morning that this week's stitch is the feather stitch.  Great :)
 My finished pulled thread chatelaine all ready to go to be "graded".  This was an Embroiderer's Association of Canada correspondence course that a number of us from our guild took.  I had no idea there were so many variations!
 Over the summer our stitchery guild members have a summer challenge.  We are to make an original piece however large or small in whatever threads or backgrounds but incorporate triangles into it.
I took a picture of one of my hollyhocks, printed it onto a piece of cotton, cut it into triangles and wonder undered them onto a green piece of fabric.  I'm now doing some stitching and free motion embroidery and beading onto it. It will be great seeing what others have done when we back back in September.

Hope everyone is enjoying their last few days of July :)


13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness JennyPennyPoppy you are creating amazing works of art. An Owl out of your TAST stitches is ever so cute. The whitework chatelain is beautiful! I love what you are doing with a hollyhock photo...so unique. With beading and threads this will be a masterpiece! High on Life July...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to do Sharon`s stitches, have yet to start my project! The pulled work looks beautiful can see a lot of love has gone into creating this and the hollyhock is very creative, looking forward to watching the progress on the project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful chatelaine Jeannette - must have taken ages. Does the grading count towards a qualification? Love the hollyhock idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl will be interesting to see how it progresses. The drawn thread work is stunning just looked at your previous post wow what a lot of work and a lovely way to keep the different stitches. The hollyhocks what a cleaver idea just bringing in the background so delicately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! What does it mean exactly that your piece will be graded?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful chatelaine! Your summer challenge piece is interesting,looking forward to see your progress...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the owl project, your pulled thread work is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... that sounds like a pretty big deal ..sending things away to be judged and whatnot.... good luck and it should be interesting to hear their comments and critique ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trying very hard not to drool over your chatelaine - there's an incredible amount of time and stitching that went into it and you deserve top marks. I'm also intrigued by the hollyhock project - looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am curious as to how the owl would turn out..will wait and watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hollyhock piece is gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see it all completed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your owl idea, looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!