Friday, June 12, 2015

Reverse Applique

5 layers of fabric, 4 wonky free motion circles which were cut into 1/4's,  different layers cut out and then sewed down onto a back fabric.  Have begun to do some running and french knot stitching.  This is another Beryl Taylor inspired piece from this Quilting Arts youtube video.  Think I'll try another one of these now that I know the process.
Finished my first Beryl Taylor inspired melted Tyvek piece with stitched borders and a beaded edging.  Our annual stitchery guild dinner is this coming Tuesday and it will be great to see everyone else's pieces.

Thanks for popping by and have a joyful June day :)

7 comments:

  1. Tyvek is great to work with! Your piece looks impressive! I bet your stitching buds will want to try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those "reverse applique" pieces! It looks like a fun technique. How is it to stitch through, though, is it heavy going? It certainly has some great texture to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creativity have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tyvek piece is lovely now it's finished and I like the look of the piece that you are working on. Could you post some close ups next time please so that we can see the details? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting results. It sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative, the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not that familiar with Beryl Taylor but you have me intrigued... I love this piece you did!
    Thanks for the video link - I'm off to see what's what.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!