Tuesday, March 10, 2015

For the Burrowing Owl Centre in Moose Jaw, SK.

I've been working on more Owl Advice accordion booklets.  Proceeds from their sale will be given to the Burrowing Owl Interpretative Centre in Moose Jaw.
 I just love working with Lorraine's hand dyed threads and I received these in the mail last week from her Etsy shop Colour Complements.  Thank you Lorraine!  Can't wait to begin using them :)
 I participated in an atc swap recently and this was the lovely canvas stitched atc I received.  Thank you Kerry :)
 Played with the end of a pool noodle, a stencil, and a rounded stamp to make marks on a couple pieces of yellow cloth.  They are going to cover a book box which we will learn how to do at this evening's stitchery guild meeting.
We have 7 Black-billed Magpies coming into the yard every morning and this one perched on top of a pine tree long enough for me to grab my camera and take his picture :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

16 comments:

  1. What a delight it is to open your post and be met by this flock of charming owls.
    The hanks of thread is true eye candy as is your canvas ATC.
    Is Mr Magpie keeping a look out for spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny! The owls are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owl bookslets are lovely and those threads look delicious. 'Seven for a secret never to be told' - are your magpies classed as a pest as they sometimes are in UK? Enjoy your box making. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those owls! My granddaughters would love them, too! I love seeing that magpie perched on top of the tree. I wonder how they do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one of those owls has a unique personality - so cute (and what a great cause too). Drooling over those threads as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl books are so cute, Jeannette. Where are you selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little owl booklets are so adorable! We don't have any magpies on Long Island...what a gorgeous bird. I never thought they'd be that big! Nice picture! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those little owls! I love Lorraine's threads, too. You caught a nice shot of the magpies--we don't have any here, but I did see some when I was visiting Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Owl center will be very grateful for your beautiful stitchery Owls. Lovely threads from Lorraine. Fabulous photo of the beautiful Magpie. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little owls are so fun and sweet! I love that they will be helping the real owls, too :) and it looks like you were having fun painting your fabric. I look forward to seeing your book box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, these little owl booklet will sale like hot cakes!!! Well, for sure if I was in the area :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute owls. the soon to be book cover looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those owls are wonderful. What a fabulous selection of coloured threads what are you going to make with those.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a terrific photo of the bird - well captured. The owls are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!