Our latest Stitchery Guild project has been needle felting and this is the design that I created inspired from Liinalommi Felt Design. We were each given a 9 x 9" piece of acrylic felt and roving plus a needle felting needle. A lot of stabbing went on that evening and a few ouches too.
After some free motion machine sewing the stalks now look more like wheat.
Having some bags of wool from previous projects I decided to play a bit and laid out this design. After wetting with warm soapy water and rolling and rolling and rolling I let it dry and then
did some sewing. I'm in the process of adding french knots and bullion bumblebees. I will add wings once I have made a couple more bees.
With a small piece of felt I made an artist trading card stitching only with french knots.
Am also working on this piece that I had wet felted. I'm needle felting additional roving to give it more life as well as french knots. I'm certainly enjoying these felting projects.
Happy Stitching everyone and thank you for stopping by :)