Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sheaf Stitch Butterfly

 Week 35 of TAST was the Sheaf Stitch and once again this was a new stitch for me.  Didn't have a clue for a few days what I was going to stitch but a butterfly sort of worked so this is what I tried to make.  It was rather funny today when Hubby Wubby walked by when I was stitching and commented on what a nice menorah I was making.  What??? This looks like a nine branched candle holder?  I thought it was pretty funny but added a few more sheaf stitches to make it look more butterfly like just in case :)
Went and flaked out on the dock for a bit this afternoon.  We haven't had any rain for a while now and the hills are looking rather brown and the water is a bit green.  Soon the boats and docks will be coming out as most people close up their houses at the lake as another summer has come and gone.

3 comments:

  1. nice to see a sheaf butterfly..perfect stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice butterfly to me! But, I can see where he might have thought it was a menorah while glancing at it while you weren't finished yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and unusual way to stitch a butterfly!
    How nice that you can sneak out to such a lovely spot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!