Monday, July 2, 2012

TAST Palestrina Stitch

 Week 26 of TAST was the Palestrina Stitch.  Another new stitch for me and another stitch that I thoroughly enjoyed doing.  Really like the texture that it gives a piece.
 The last 3 stitches on my band sampler.
 Yesterday was Canada Day and Canada's 145th birthday.  In the morning we went for a photo jaunt to the far end of Buffalo Pound Lake along some dirt roads. I snapped this picture through the truck window before driving through this small tunnel of trees.
 I was thrilled to spot this wild native prairie flower called Scarlet Mallow!  It had been a few years since I'd seen one.
We took a number of pictures of this beautiful American Avocet as it walked along looking for bugs.  It is such a distinctive and graceful looking bird.  I love the soft colours of it's feathers and its slightly upturned beak.

7 comments:

  1. great addition to your stitching panel Jenny. Also enjoyed looking at you photos taken whilst out on your jaunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever design, Jenny. Pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your sampler is coming on Thank you for your lovely comments. What a pretty walk so nice to get out in the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, beautiful stitching and beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have interesting things to see on your walks. I love that orange flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.
    Yes, the Palestrina is a great stitch, easy to do (I think) and always adding interesting structure to the work.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how creative and simple your sampler is coming along! Those pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!