Saturday, June 2, 2012

Knotted Cretan Landscape

 Week 22 of Sharon's TAST challenge was the Knotted Cretan stitch.  I had yet to try stitching a small landscape on my band sampler so decided to try it with this stitch.  It measures 4" x 4" and was stitched on muslin. I enjoyed this week's stitch and found the rhythm of the cretan stitching nice and relaxing.
The last 3 weeks worth of stitching on my TAST band sampler.  Have yet to add it to the rest of the band.  Definitely looking forward to seeing what others have done with this stitch.

5 comments:

  1. Your Cretan stitch is very pretty! I'm not sure I have the imagination to create a landscape, so I'll just enjoy yours. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely landscape Jenny, they mind boggles, how long is this sampler going to be? must check it out and see if all your stitches are on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Diane and Margaret for your kind comments. I haven't measured my band sampler but it's at least 7 feet long so far. It rolls up very nicely though and is easy to transport :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know this Knotted Cretan stitch but I really like it and how you used it. Your landscape is beautiful. How fun to be doing all your sampler stitches on a band of fabric. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sampler is amazing, Jenny! I'm wondering why I didn't come across your link before. Now I've put you in my google reader.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!