Friday, February 5, 2016

Felt Stitching

 My finished felted wall piece all stitched and ready to go into a local art gallery show that's coming up in March.  I love the feel of stitching on felt and am absolutely hooked on it!
 This is what the piece looked like before dyeing.  I made a piece of wet felt using merino fibres and then clamped various resists (mostly washers).  I dyed it first in green, reclamped and then dyed it in burgundy, reclamped and then in sky blue.  Now I am on the lookout for more resists to use to get different patterns.
 Valentine's Day is coming up and I started a little free pattern from Happiness Is Cross Stitching. 
I love the free black cat patterns on this site :)
Last weeks stitch for Take A Stitch Tuesday was the Arrowhead stitch.  A very straightforward and easy stitch to do which I worked on my Owl's breast.

Have a wonderful and creative day everyone and thank you for stopping by :D

13 comments:

  1. Your hand-dyed felt looks amazing and that is quite the process you do with all the clips and such. Do the clips ever rust? Love your little black cat cross stitch. Stitching Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful wall hanging you must be so delighted with it the dyeing is amazing, all those resists you used have done it proud. The cat is sweet and your owl is coming along well, still not started my tast stitches but plan to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful wall hanging ..so pretty
    Your stitching is super sweet
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wall hanging it shows the work you put into it. I to need to get back to tast stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your felt is gorgeous! The cross-stitch is cute. And, I love the way you added the arrowhead stitch for TAST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feltwirk and can see the attraction. Seeing what you can do is irresistible. The colour is so rich. Your arrows intrigue me. I must follow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! And they are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the saturated colour in the wallhanging. Wet felting is a process I've never tried - would like to, but don't dare for fear I discover another passion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your wall hanging is beautiful I am sure that it will be admired by everyone at the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thank you for visiting me.
    Your works are very cute and original.
    Compliments.
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love the contrast in your posts, Jeannette! What a change from the free form felt to the cross stitch cat! And that counted arrowhead stitch looks great on your owl, too. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your stitching on felt! I haven't gotten back into embroidery, and every time I see a post re: TAST, I feel a touch of sadness! I'm just too fickle I guess, moving from one hobby to another! The arrowhead stitching looks cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!