Tuesday, November 24, 2015

2 More Stitched Pages

 On more of my eco-dyed fabric from a workshop I took in August with Arlee Barr and Karin Millson I finished my D page using detached buttonhole stitching.  For some reason I quite like this stitch and should incorporate it somehow in other things.
 My O page stitched with oyster stitches on onion dyed fabric.  This was a bit tricky to learn and I had to practice it a number of times on a scrap piece of fabric.  I free motion embroidered the owly :)
 This free pattern is available from Holly's Hobbies.  I just had to stitch it for myself :)
 Another free pattern from Happiness Is Cross Stitching.  This little ornament will be a gift for one of my sister's in law.  Free patterns on the net that are so easily downloaded are great!!
The Grey Partridges are back in the yard.  Haven't seen them all summer but now with cooler temperatures and a bit of snow they've come back.  Hope all 7 of them make it through the winter.


Hope everyone will be able to find some quiet stitching time today.
Thanks for popping by :)

17 comments:

  1. I never grow tired of seeing what you are stitching and creating. Love the two cross stitch ornaments. It rained a lot here today and now we are getting down right freezing while we await low snow falling. This is exactly what we need here after four years of extreme drought. Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a grey partridge - thank you! Somewhere in my archives I have that wee kitty pattern stashed away for stitching someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing what you've stitched but that little owl on your "O" page has won my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your stitch pages are coming along well, such imagination and creativity you have got. Liking the Christmas ornaments too. Will be fun to watch the antics of the partridges over the winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more lovely pages - the quirky owl is great and I shall have to look up oyster stitch! The little ornaments are delightful too. I saw your picture of the grey partridges on facebook and then a couple of hours later was driving down the road following 5 red leg partridges! Co-incidence or what!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice for D - the Detached Buttonhole Stitch. It took me a bit to learn, but once I mastered it I fell in love with it and think it can be used on many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love owls and poppy's and yours are beautiful. You must have quite a collection of embroidered pages Must try Detached buttonhole stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, I love that oyster stitch owl. What a character! And a great use for that stitch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embroidered pages are lovely, I always enjoy seeing your owls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your owl works! Both finishes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your 2 stitched pages. Thank you for the free pattern links , the 2 little cushions are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your detached buttonhole stitch is very effective - I must try this out!
    I love your owl, it's so sweet!
    Gorgeous looking partridges, so lovely to see them! I can't help wondering how birds like these can survive - there seems to be less tolerance of nature every day!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. just had to share this link with your Jenny thought of you straight away

    http://seriouslycrazy4craft.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/make-owl-pincushion.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, the detached buttonhole stitch does look lovely and the cross-stitched owl is really sweet. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, the detached buttonhole stitch does look lovely and the cross-stitched owl is really sweet. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of oyster stitches but will have to look it up - they look so cute on the owl - perfect for it.
    Wishing you all the best for the holidays, and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!