Progress on my first ever crazy quilt piece. It's a 9" x 9" block for this month's stitchery guild project. Some of the stitches I've used are: chain stitch, french knots, chevron, lazy daisy, fly stitches, bullion, ribbed spider web and straight stitches. I'm going to try a herringbone next on one of the remaining seams.
I'm learning a lot about what not to do on my pulled thread chatelaine project. #1 save doing the neat hedebo edging to the end so that it can go into a hoop easily #2 don't pull too tight as it can warp the design (as you can see on the left hand side sample). Once I get the rhythm of the pattern going it's quite enjoyable and relaxing to do.
4 layers of roving with bits of wool and silk hankies all layed out and ready to begin the felting process. There's a rubbery circle piece in the middle to act as a resist.
After wetting and rolling and shocking and throwing, I removed the inner circle and voila. I was very happy that it turned out to the size I wanted. I started with 15" x 15" and it felted down to 12" x 12" which is just what I wanted.
This is a different felted piece that I was experimenting with some needle felting on as well.
It was lovely to see the bees on our blooming Nanking cherry tree.