Finally figured out how to make a dragonfly on my felted piece. I started with the abdomen and worked a raised chain band using metallic thread. Next came the wings where I fused 2 layers of green organza together and buttonhole stitched them onto 4 pieces of memory thread. Feather stitch worked nicely for the veins. I had some beige chenille thread which I dyed and then couched down and then added the beaded eyes. Voila! I especially like that the wings are bendable.
I had felted this a couple of months ago and then free motion machine embroidered the vines and flowers. The completed size is about 10 x 12" or 25 x 30 cm. Jane Nichols book Stumpwork Dragonflies helped a lot. It's a good feeling to have another piece finished :)
It was a delight to see this Common Goldeneye duck looking anything but common paddling by the window.
But more delightful was going up into the hills and seeing hundreds and hundreds of wild crocuses blooming!! Hubby said "Forget about the supper dishes, let's go look for crocuses while the light it good." This is just one of the 70 pictures I took :D