Monday, July 9, 2012

Pansy Progress

 I woke up super early this morning and put in a few more long/short stitches on my pansy kit from Tanja Berlin before heading out to work. Just the leaves to finish & I think I'll add a few more dark purple threads on the petals.  I can tell that long/short stitching is going to take a fair bit of practice but I'm loving how it looks!
Since I was up so early I also went outside and picked this small bouquet of zinnias, yarrow, bachelor buttons and baby's breath to set on the kitchen table.  Wishing everyone a bright and flowery summery day :)

9 comments:

  1. You have done a super job on this long and short stitching. I know you are proud of it!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. your stitching is wonderful Jenny and love the colurs, so delicate.

    The vase of flowers would brighten up even the dullest day. Summer had past us by here in Leeds, either raining or very overcast, even the roses are loosing their petals very quickly, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very delicate pansy great long and short stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pansy is beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your pansy is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work jenny. pls vist and follow my blogs and add ur comment for ur free time www.beenascreations.blogspot.com
    www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pansy! Very nice needlepainting skills... are you planning to work on any other similar project in the future?
    That bouquet of zinnias is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pansy is beautiful!! Great job! Love the little bouquet too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!