Wednesday, April 18, 2012

212 French knots and counting

TAST week 16 and it's French knots this week. I like making French knots and use them quite a bit, especially on all the artist trading cards I make. At first I was going to stitch a face and do all the hair in French knots, then I thought I'd do a line of lavender bouquets and then it was flowers with a bee buzzing over them and this butterfly is what I finally decided on. I'm not done as I want to fill it in a bit with some yellow knots I think. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's French knot creations :)

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my TAST 2007 sampler. I stitched an outline of a quiltpattern and forgot all about it when I wrote my post with old samples! Thanks for reminding, it's going to be a pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely French knots formed into a beautiful butterfly. Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!