Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Day to Dye For

 Karen organized a dyeing day & here's our table ready with all the various colours we would use & experiment with. The recipe was 2 tsp. of dye powder, a squirt of Palmolive dish soap, a splash of vinegar &  then filling up the litre jar with water.  I believe Jacquard & Ashford were the types of dye powder used.
We set up our clothes racks in the inner courtyard & here are a few of Marilyn's lovely samples drying.
 Here's myself making I have no idea what with a sponge, dye & fabric.
A few of my dyed fabrics & Rhonda's dyed wool drying in the summer sun.  Definitely looking forward to using some of my very own dyed material in future projects!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such fun! Love the beautiful colors. I have never tried dyeing but my daughter has dyed yarn with kool-ade and that turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane, it was like being a kid again & great fun. I'll have to ask the other ladies in the group if they've ever tried kool-ade. Neat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!